From nursery, to primary school, upper school, college then university: being a student has always been at the core of my identity. But as the end of my student life draws nearer, I’m left wondering: ‘what now?’.
It’s quite scary, and here, in no particular order, is why:
- Being taxed. The government is going to take some of my wages and then, of what little is left, charge me council tax! I despise council tax!
- Having a career. Not just a part-time, light-heart job – a career. No more hungover sickies!
- Responsibility. criticism for getting drunk on weekdays and no longer being able to use the excuse: ‘I’m a student’.
- Getting out of bed before midday.
‘students are lazy – I’m a student’arghhhhh!
- Cooking. No more living off of take-away, if not for health reasons, but for the following crucial point…
- NO STUDENT LOAN! Absolutely terrifying. But what’s worse…
- PAYING BACK MY STUDENT LOAN!
One solution would be to stay a student, get a degree in something else. Great. Except, thanks to Mr. Cameron, that’ll cost me nine grand now.
Guess it’s time to be an adult, like, a proper one…
- So, when are you going to have your children? (salmaaslam.wordpress.com)
- Rebates ‘swallow up’ tax increases (bbc.co.uk)
- SNP conference: Loan increase for Scots students (scotsman.com)